Saturday, February 12, 2011

redhead senorita

These photos were taken at a shack off of Shiloh. I was very pleased with the outcome. I dedicate these photos to the White Stripes.
Earlier this month the band announced their breakup. I was initially saddened with the news (mostly because I didn't get to see them live), but upon reading their final words my frown turned upside down:
"The White Stripes do not belong to Meg and Jack anymore. The White Stripes belong to you now and you can do with it whatever you want. The beauty of art and music is that it can last forever if people want it to. Thank you for sharing our experience. Your involvement will never be lost on us and we are truly grateful."
If only all breakups were that easy and/or put so well. They will play on in my mental jukebox forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment