Friday, November 26, 2010

night on the sun


This week was hell - maybe that's why I look so pissed off in these photos. I put in a lot of overtime at work. An abundance of music and coffee, and a few cigarettes kept me sane. Sane enough to want to go out after 12 and 14 hour shifts. Anyhow, I guess all I wanted to do was forget about time. 

Modest Mouse helped. They are without a doubt one of my favorite bands. I enjoy listening to them at 6am while I'm at work. Night on the Sun is always an essential to any 6am playlist. There's a particular part in the song that I can rewind back to over and over. It's near the end. It goes: 

There's one thing to know about this town
It's five hundred miles underground; and that's ok, that's alright' that's alright.
There's one thing to know about this earth
We're put here just to make more dirt; and that's ok, that's alright, that's alright.
Well there's one thing to know about this globe
It's bound and it's willing to explode; and that's ok, that's alright, that's alright.
Well there's one thing to know about this town
It's five hundred miles underground; it's alright, It's alright

It doesn't necessarily make me feel better or worse - I guess it just soothes my soul in just the right way. It gets me thinking and once that starts time just flies. I guess when you're working 12 hour shifts that's all you could hope for. Anyhow, just in case you're curious...here it is: 

No comments:

Post a Comment