Wednesday, December 15, 2010

you said it was not inside my heart, it was




One of the best things about concert road trips to Austin is the next morning when I head to the Urban Outfitters on Guadalupe. I always find exactly what it is I am looking for when I'm there. The minute my eyes glanced on this wool camel blazer, I knew this time would be no different - I would leave a happy girl. After the blazer, my eyes flirted with this long floral dress that I had seen a month prior but put back because of the almost triple digit price. I'm so glad I held back that time, the dress was on sale for $20. Needless to say, this time, I didn't hold back. 

Another great thing about these frequent road trips is the music to and from Austin (and in between too of course). I was especially pleased with my little sisters music selection when we were home bound: a mix of the National, Deer Hunter, and the Morning Benders. I must have asked her an absurd and annoying amount of times to remind me who it was that we were listening to. My redundant ways must have paid off because I was actually able to recall the names of the bands just now. If you haven't guessed it already, I have an awful, good-for-nothing memory. However, every now and then my brain cells align, a light turns on, sparks fly, and I'm able to either retain or recall a piece of information - like the name of a song. This was the case when I heard Anyone's Ghost by the National. 

I'm almost certain it was the chorus that made sparks fly. The chorus took the liberty of going past my ear drum and making itself at home in some deep corner in my head next to the likes of other songs like Dance, Dance, Dance by Lykke Li and things I'll never forget like my siblings' birthdays. What was so special about this chorus, you might ask? It took me back to a point in time where I felt exactly as the singer described. You can hear the song for yourself or search for the lyrics to further decipher what it is I mean. If it's the first, I'll save you the trouble of searching for the song:


Top: Urban Outfitters
Pants: Charlotte Russe
Beaded Necklace: Aldo
Little People Charm: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment